The Isis Guest House Accessibility Guidelines
The Isis Guest House website has been developed with Accessibility issues in mind and has been tested in various ways to meet the accessibility guidelines.
- All pages on this site comply with all priority 1, 2, and in most cases, 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Please bear in mind that many of these guidelines are intentionally vague and can therefore not really be tested automatically.
- All pages on this site aim to validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional. Use of tables for non-tabular information is kept to a minimum.
- Use of tables is of a functional purpose and clearly display row and column headers.
- CSS stylesheets have been tested and valided as W3C CSS Valid
- H1 tags are used for main titles.
- The site has avoided the use of the auto-refresh feature.
- In order to make a clear distinction for those using screen readers, all adjacent navigation links are separated by non-links
- Where the destination of a given link will take the user to a new window, this is clearly indicated for the visually impaired
- Pages can be navigated and its content read without requiring the use of a mouse.
- Most browsers support the use of Access Keys to jump to specific links without the use of a mouse.
- In a Windows-based system, click ‘Alt’ plus the specified key and then hit ‘Enter’.
- On Apple systems, one generally has to press the “cmd” key in addition to the specified key.
The Isis Guest House Website Access keys are as follows:
- Access key + H = Home Page
- Access key + P = Prices and Accommodation
- Access key + C = Contact Us
- Access key + D = Disclaimer
- Access key + A = Accessibility Guidelines
Text sizes are relative so can be adjusted:
- through browser settings
- by holding ‘Ctrl’ while moving the mouse wheel accordingly
Content images (i.e. those not used for overall site design) used on this site include descriptive ALT attributes
- Cascading styles sheets are used for visual layout
- Tables have not been used for design / layout purposes.
- Images used only as part of the overall site design have null ALT attributes